Thursday, May 26, 2005

Teachers unite!

Yesterday I joined a bunch of San Leandro teachers and headed up via charter bus to rally against the incompetent Cali governor. The word was there were 20,000 people there. Firefighters, nurses, police officers, teachers, supporters......they were alllll there. It was seriously 90 degrees out there but everyone came in full force. It was sooo crowded. There were some pretty creative posters out there. It's very hard to put into words what I experienced in Sac. It was a totally surreal feeling. Part of me was in awe and the other part was getting grossed out by how sweaty I was! The incompetent governor wasn't even there (coward) and he probably doesn't care, but maybe now more people will see what's going on and vote him out of office. I'm definitely gonna be in line to vote that asshole out. Besides, according to his plans he wants to close up the borders to prevent immigrants from coming over so I guess he has to deport himself back to Austria. Maybe he can go screw over Austria's school systems, firefighters, police officers, and nurses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home