Monday, June 13, 2005

Countdown: 2 more days to go....

....actually 3, but I'm not really counting teacher work day on Thursday. Woo-hoo!!!! Monday workday is over! 2 more days of school left!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday (6/11/05)
Went to Joy's graduation at Cal State East Bay, a.k.a. Cal State Hayward. Ceremonies were to begin at 9:00 a.m. We arrived some time between 9:15-9:30 and the graduates were still filing onto the field. Still feeling a bit under the weather but 7 hours sleep last night helped a bit. Attended the main ceremony and then the College of Science ceremony. It was so frickin' hot. Even with sunblock I still got a tanline. Ray and I had to take a couple breaks in the shade and in the student union where we napped a bit and got some TCBY yogurt. Yum! The ceremonies ended around 1:30 p.m. We hung out in the parking area until 2:00 and it still took us an hour to get to the freeway! Stopped at Washington to get my fridge, headed over to SF to buy some jazz tickets, and then went to Daly City for the grad. party. Great food, great people. It was nice seeing everyone. Since I was still feeling a bit sick and the heat didn't help we left at 9 p.m.

Monday (6/13/05)
Went to the Oakland Zoo. It was so hot and so much walking. We had to take the public bus and transfer once. It went pretty smoothly and all 3 classes were able to fit on one bus. Whew!! I was so glad it worked out. A baby bird fell out of a tree near where we were eating and hurt itself so we contacted zoo ppl. One of my students barfed and his mom totally yelled at him like he purposely did it. We got back at 1. Sooooo tired! My feet hurt bad.

So I saw this milk commercial saying that calcium can reduce the symptoms of PMS. Since I noticed that most of my arguments/fights with Ray have been the weekend before my period I decided to try out this milk claim. I am currently on my second PMS cycle and there haven't been any incidents. Ray is jumping for joy over this. I first tried drinking milk a couple days before PMS usually kicks in but since I'm slightly lactose-intolerant I switched over to soymilk and it's been cool. Silk chocolate soymilk is great. I use Silk vanilla soymilk for smoothies after my workout and it's pretty cool.

Aside from increasing my calcium intake I'm trying to slowly transition into healthier eating. I spend more time at the market picking things that are healthier, organic, etc. I'm trying to eat more bran, soy, fiber, etc. Plus, of course, trying to get back into the swing of working out. I've been pretty consistent especially now that I've gotten accustomed to working out alone. I actually enjoy working out alone. I like to talk to my friends but I like that I can go at my own pace and just focus on things I need to do instead of worrying about others waiting for me or speeding up others if I needed to leave early. Anyways, my goals are to of course get more toned and flatten my stomach. I don't need six-packs but I so don't want to have ppl eventually think I'm pregnant or something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home