Monday, October 10, 2005

Dinner at Maggiano's

10/7/05:
Ray and I still had our Maggiano's giftcard that Joy and Lea Ann gave us for Xmas so we've been trying to find the perfect day to go with them. We were finally able to do that today. The folks that joined us for the stomach-bursting, wine-drinkin' event was Joy, Rob (Bigs), Lea Ann, Cindy, Rob (Little), Joy and Lea Ann's friend, Johnny, and Ly.


Maggiano's is a more upscale version of Buca di Beppo. It is very busy and the plates are huge but the decor is darker and more intimate considering that the chairs were so close to one another! We all shared a large bottle of Chianti while my sister also had a Cosmo and I had a Midori Sour. We were seated at 9:30ish and didn't leave 'til almost midnight! Afterwards we headed to the V Bar in Hotel Valencia. You actually have to wait in line to get into the elevator! The V Bar was pretty swank. It had a red-tinged lighting with metal beaded curtains that separated the bar from the hallway. I was a bit tired and I think all the food and alcohol was making my stomach funky so I was glad when we headed home at 1 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home