Sunday, June 25, 2006

In a nutshell

Last day of school....
Very sad. I hate having to leave another group of great students that I've grown so attached to. It makes me sad knowing I'll never see them again. It made me even sadder when I had said goodbye to all my kids and as the last kid left the classroom one of them came back in looking sad and said to me, "I'm REALLY going to miss you." WAAAAAA!!!!!

Houswarming Luau.....
Extremely happy to have my cousin My-Any fly up for our housewarming. A bit disappointed in the party itself. A lot of flakers that gave no explanation for their MIA status and a lot of people who were aware of the party but gave us very little respect and consideration to RSVP. People don't seem to realize how much work I put into these parties. I don't throw some half-ass "college" party where things are thrown together the day off or the night before. I literally plan my parties at least 2 months in advance and spend a lot of time planning the decorations, writing out the menu, and generally providing an environment where people can have a lot of fun. And so it's a real insult and disrespect when people either never RSVP or say they're coming but flake out but never call, email, text msg to apologize for not coming. Don't people realize that on evite I can see who viewed the invite so I know the ppl who have seen the invitation but don't bother to answer. If shit happens then shit happens but at least give me a heads up. I'm seriously contemplating not throwing the annual luau next year or until further notice. I have more important things to plan in my life right now and if ppl don't give a shit about my luau then cancelling it indefinitely will not put a dent in their lives therefore why should it put a dent in mine's?


Flash is flashy!........
Tech summer camps started the 19th. This past week was Animation Sensation where the kids learn to use Flash 8. It's quite fun watching the kids get creative and into it. A couple kids drove me crazy but that's typical. I really like the new lead instructor.

The "Ho" down.......
June 23rd was Mike H's wedding to Lani. It was at Maison du Lac in Los Gatos but really in the Santa Cruz mountains. It's a really pretty place but a bit hard to get to since you have to drive in highway 17 and that always sucks. It was an outdoor ceremony and reception. The tables were labelled with names of musicals and our placecards looked like theatre tickets. What a great idea! We dined on salmon, tri-tip, veggie pasta, rice, salad, and fruit. Marie and Lynn were also present. I had a bit too much wine before we ate so I got a bit buzzed so I cut back once the food came! The dessert consisted of an assortment of pies, ice cream, and wedding cake. The biggest thing that happened was when Lani's dad presented them with..........a NEW CAR!


Lookin' smokin' hot......
Ray and I went up to SF to look at the proofs for our engagement photos. There were some ok ones and some really good ones. I was very satisfied with the way the pictures came out. It is definitely proving my theory about picture taking even more!

2 Comments:

At 8:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that party, for the record, was clearly well-planned and a grand production! It was an awesome baby-break for me. Food, decor, ambiance-- all great! And you looked smokin! Sorry you felt bad about the turnout. I enjoyed the crowd that was there.

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger dragonchica said...

Thanks for the support but it wasn't up to par on my scale.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home