Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Busy, busy, dizzy, dizzy

Last weekend was the only weekend we didn't have a family or friend event and yet we were commpletely swamped! Saturday the 10th was spent cleaning up the garage, taking Herc to his last day of class, more cleaning, and hanging out at Home Depot to beautify our home before the housewarming. Sunday the 11th was spent with more garden work, thanks to Ray, and shopping for wedding gifts and too many other things. Herc had his first grooming appointment and he did really well. He still smells good!

This week has been a tiring week. It is the last week of school. I have one more day left! Woo-hoo!!!! I feel sad yet relieved at the same time. No more long commutes and waking up super early to get there early just so I can leave early and beat the traffic! No more avoidance of school events afterhours because I don't want to drive up there or stay that late unless it's mandatory. But then again, another set of students I will never see grow. *sigh* Very conflicting feelings.........

Today was our picnic at Cherry Grove park. I had invited the other 3rd grade teachers to join me and 4 other teachers agreed. I set up all the paperwork to send home to the parents and basically did all the tedious work for the teachers. All they had to do was copy a set and send them home. I was planning on taking my class there around 8:30 to get dibs on tables and grills since it's a first come first served thing. What irked me was that two of the teachers weren't planning to come until later even though they knew I was coming early. I saw it as them seeing an opportunity to still get a picnic spot without having to go super early and deal with the weather and kids playing for so long. I was really bugged by that. Luckily we didn't have to compete with other elementary or junior high classes but I was still annoyed by this. It's ppl like that that makes you not want to try and give a helping hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home