Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Justification

When you're in a relationship you tend to make excuses to try and justify your behavior or that other person's. Possibly to gloss over issues because you don't want to accept that they're much worse or are afraid of what might happen if you do deal with them. You justify to prove that you are right. I have realized that I spent a big part of my relationship with MG justifying everything that we did and ignoring all the issues (usually the same ones) that kept popping up. My justification for why I always seemed annoyed with him? That I was a crabby bitch. The realization I had? His antagonizing behavior added to my bitchiness. My justification for why we always fought so much and so hard? This quote I read somewhere that said "A couple who fights doesn't mean they don't care and a couple who doesn't fight doesn't mean they care." I always clung to that justification until I realized it was not worth it. And now, reflecting on my relationship with my sweetie I realize that the quote I clung to for so long is now null and void. A couple who doesn't fight don't necessarily hate each other. We just love each other enough to pick our battles and to deal with the issues in a calmer matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home