Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Love and understanding

A friend of mine has recently gone through a breakup due to differences in how they view relationships and their dynamics. For the past few months I've been trying to talk to her about how there needs to be compromise in a relationship from both parties and regardless of whether or not the other person understands the reasons, they should find some middle ground because they love that person.

I was watching an episode of "Friends" where they were all in Barbados for a paleontology convention. Chandler, Monica, Mike, and Phoebe were playing a ping pong game. Competitive Monica hurt her hand and almost had to forfeit but Chandler told her he would play for her. When she asked why he would do that he responded with this:

"I may not understand why you have to win so bad, but if it's important to you than it's important to me because I love you"

That, my friends, is the key to a good relationship. Because regardless of whether or not you understand why the other person feels that way, if it's important to them it needs to be important to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home