Wednesday, January 04, 2006

3.2 miles........

.....that's how far it is from my house to Jen's.


35 minutes....that's how long it takes me to bike to Jen's! My legs are sooooo frickin sore right now. I decided that I wouldn't renew my gym membership since it's kind of inconvenient so I bought a bike instead so Ray and I can go biking. I also had the bright idea to bike to Jen's and then take a walk with her. It's a lot easier to work out with her this way since she can take Chase with us, if needed. So I'm biking to Jen's feeling all proud of myself. My legs are hurting a bit since I haven't biked since Amsterdam and I haven't worked out in almost 2 months. I meet up with Jen and we walk around her neighborhood for almost 30 min. and then I bike the 3.2 miles back to my house.

As tired as I am I feel very proud of myself! It got a bit scary on the way back though. The sun had already set and for a while Old Oakland road's bike lane became nonexistent due to construction. Luckily I was wearing a white windbreaker so the cars could somewhat see me. As they passed I could tell they were trying to avoid me. I need to rethink my return path so I don't end up as roadkill!

1 Comments:

At 8:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I was very proud of you for that! You are a fitness queen, girl! That's a great routine to try to keep in touch with. I'll have to hold you to it a few times a week. :) -Jen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home