Friday, July 21, 2006

Does anyone care?

Why is that even though I emailed ppl earlier this year about my birthday trip to encourage them to start saving up $$ and setting the time aside and yet I still get these lame-ass excuses that they don't have the $$ or they're already making plans to do something else. Is my birthday that insignificant to a majority of my friends where they can't even manage to save $$ or decide all of sudden they want to go somewhere else? It makes me feel like I should consider everyone else's birthday as insignificant as well and just something to celebrate with them IF I have nothing better to do.

I think I need to once again re-evaluate how I handle my friendships. I definitely feel like I try to put a lot of effort into my relationships particularly the ones I'm closest to and yet sometimes I feel like the same efforts aren't reciprocated. It especially makes me sad to think that the ones that are closest to me won't even be there to celebrate this milestone. Some ppl may like to celebrate their 30th quietly or just with a dinner and those close to me or even vaguely close know that I don't do it that way so why do they think that this trip is NOT important to me?

Just like with the housewarming party where ppl were too lame to let us know they were flaking out or just didn't even respond it's very frustrating that I try to be there for these other ppl when they invite me to their celebrations (no matter how big or small) and yet they can't extend the same courtesy. Does that mean I stop celebrating my birthday with people? I don't know. But like I've said before, if I stopped would anyone notice? Would anyone care?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home