Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Parenting 101 needed, please implement!

To all parents out there.........while pregnant with your child have you had conversations with friends about what your child will be like all grown up? Have you talked about how they may become a doctor, a teacher, or maybe even an actor? Have you wondered whether or not they will get married or maybe be gay? Have you ever said to a person, "Boy, I hope my child grows up to be an asshole who treats everyone with disrespect?" No? I didn't think so. So why do your kids still grow up to be assholes and you make US deal with it?!?!?! What have I done in my life or any other lives I may have possibly had to deserve getting stuck with kids who are hateful, rude, condescending, spoiled, and selfish? I am here to educate and inspire not to sit and let a CHILD talk to me as though I'm lesser than them!

2 Comments:

At 8:52 PM , Blogger Longshanks said...

Dragonchica,

I read your post on Parenting 101 while browsing blogs. I showed my wife, and we both agree that you are right on target. We won't tolerate our kids acting in a disrepectful manner at home, and I hope that they won't act that way when they are outside of the home. I have had my fill of snotty back-talking kids whose parents couldn't care less. And unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it today. I live in an area full of children, and I get tired of hearing when one gets in trouble, "Why didn't (law enforcement, teacher, neighbors, etc.) do anything about it?" I ask, "Where were the parents?" Thank you for being brave enough to teach. I am finishing my BA in English and thought of going on and becoming a teacher, but I don't think I have the patience.

Chris

 
At 11:02 PM , Blogger dragonchica said...

Thanks for the support! Good luck on whatever path you choose!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home