Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I hate classroom set up

So today was my first day of classroom setup. Johnny and I headed up to San Leandro in my car full of teacher crap at 9:00 a.m. We get to the classroom and discovered that the teacher before me had left a shitload of copies of math and language arts stuff. Usable? Not all of them since it used to be a 2nd grade class. I did sift through it and picked certain things to use as the beginning year homework packets to give them a little review, but the rest of the stuff I had to recycle. It took me 4 trips of using a small/med. sized box to get rid of all that stuff! And then, of course, I had all this 2nd grade textbooks for math, language arts, history......AHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I moved all that shit off the shelves and over to the door for whomever they were going to send over this week to take it. It drove me nuts though because it just makes my room look so cluttered right now so I feel uneasy. Then I get the bad news that they don't have anymore tables so I'm stuck with those damn desks. Ugh! AND THEN, there's 2 long shelves under the white board that I so wanted to move but it turns out it was bolted into the white board tray. I asked the custodian to remove it but he said it wasn't possible. AHHHHH!!!! So now I have to lean over it to write on the damn board!!!!!!!!! By the time 4:15 rolled around I was so tired that I started putting borders up without putting butcher paper first! Teachers, you know what I'm talking about! Anyways, I'm glad to be home and relaxing. My legs are sooo tired. 3 more days of this (hopefully!)

1 Comments:

At 8:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classroom setup is the part I'm not missing right now! I'm so not a good organizer. I am going to miss the daily interaction with kids and staff though. But I'm looking forward to watching Chase grow every day! :) Hope your classroom's coming along! -Jen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home