Tuesday, August 09, 2005

My smelly day with Shirley and Alice

So my day started out going to visit Ly at Le Cafe with Shirley and her sister, Alice. We enjoyed time with my sister for about an hour. After she closed up we headed to Vung Tau for lunch where I had the yummy noodle/veggie dish with the egg rolls, prawns, and the fish sauce concoction. Yum! Afterwards Shirley invited me to join them on their shopping trip to Target and Bed, Bath, and Beyond but after she took a bunch of glass bottles and such to the recycle center. She was going to go to the one near Nob Hill so I waited at home while she did that, but turns out that the center was closed. So they came back to pick me up and we headed to the Albertson's on S. Park Victoria. Have you ever been up close to a drunk before? Have they emitted a certain beer-like smell? Well, take that smell and times it by 10! That's how smelly Shirley's car was from all the bottles she had in the backseat and trunk. Poor Alice sat in the back and had to endure the odor for a long time! We had to drive around with the windows rolled down. For a moment I was seriously considering sticking my head out of the window so I could breathe semi-clean air! We got to the center by Albertson's and they weren't accepting glass that day so we had to go to the one in Fremont off Warm Springs Blvd. Even after we got rid of all those bottles the smell still lingered. Luckily I was able to convince Shirley to buy Febreeze, otherwise forget about riding in her car!

Tonight: Shirley, Alice, Shirley's friend, Johnny, Ray, and I are going to a sneak preview of "Four Brothers" with Mark Wahlberg!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home