Monday, August 22, 2005

Another fun weekend

It's always a fun weekend when I'm with Ray! Ok, here's the barf bag.....anyways.....

Friday, Aug. 19th:

Ray and I went to the Tech summer camps BBQ at my camp director's place in Alameda. It was a cute cozy rental located behind the landlord's Victorian. I believe it's considered a cottage or mother-in-law. Anyways, it was nice seeing the camp ppl again. Found out that one of the camp staff is now dating a Tech friend. Ahhhh!!! That's sooo crazy! I'm happy for them!

Saturday, Aug. 20th:

Morning started off a bit slow with some sleeping-in, which is always great since I only have one more week of fun left! We headed off to the Daruma Festival (which turned out to be the Daruma Crafts Boutique) around 11ish. It was located in the Saratoga Community Center across from West Valley College. It had some cute stuff but we weren't planning to buy anything and so we didn't stay long, plus we were starving and their bento boxes were $14!!!! We decided to cross the street to the college where they were having a farmer's market. We got some rotisserie chicken along with potatoes and water. It was very yummy until Ray got stung by a bee. We immediately headed to the nearest store to see if we had to buy some bee medication. I was really worried since it was starting to swell and I really didn't know what to expect from a bee sting since it's been like 10 yrs since my last one. Luckily Albertson's has a pharmacy so the pharmacist suggested to just keep it on ice. So we walked around the store while he held a bag of frozen veggies on his arm! By the time we left (about 20 min. later) the swelling had gone down. I was so relieved.

After that fun fiasco we headed to the Milpitas Art and Wine Festival. It seemed a lot smaller than the last time I went, which was 2 summers ago. We walked around, had an Orange Mist, listened to a group perform (some were good and some were so NOT good!), and bought a cute fan switch with a sun and moon on it. We then stopped by Big Lots and Home Depot to buy two wooden rods. The cashier at Home Depot was so lame. She accidentally hit the tax exempt button and got all confused and had to call the manager twice. We were there way longer than we should have!

Once we were finally able to leave HD we headed to Ranch 99 for some cheap Chinese food. They have a self-service station now so we pack as much as possible! The lady even asked if we can close the box and I was like, "Sure!" as I discreetly was trying to hold down the top! It's well worth it though because that fed Ray and I for two nights! Afterwards we hung out for a bit with Shirley and then headed out to the clubs. I had joined this Vietnamese social group and so we were meeting this guy that emailed me. We were going to Studio 8, which Ray and I have never been to. It was a pretty cool club. I like it a lot better than Agenda and Zoe's now. Glo is pretty nice too although Studio 8 is a lot bigger. We never met up with the guy since we never really established a more specific meeting place. We left the club at 12:30 and had a late-night snack at La Victoria's. Mmmmm.....orange sauce is good!

Sunday, Aug. 21st:

Went baby shower shopping for Joanne's shower. I like shopping at Babies' R Us. They have cute stuff! Met up with Ray around 1 and just basically hung out for the rest of the day. Ray played a bit of video games while I read my book, hung out at Borders, and then had our own outdoor movie and watched "Without a Paddle." It was so not worth even a rental. If you're really curious about the movie just borrow it from the library!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home