Sunday, August 14, 2005

From Boomerang Bay to Jazz Festival

Thursday, July 11, 2005:

So Shirley and I were suppose to go to Great America today as part of our usage of the WOW card. Since Johnny was having a shitty week + 1 we wanted him to go with us to cheer him up. He had a lunch thing so we decided to just hang out when he was finished and make funnel cake with Shirley's brand new funnel cake kit! Around 3ish he said he wasn't coming without any real explanantion but he promised to go to GA with us on Monday. Anyways, that didn't stop us from making our funnel cake! I have to say that although it came out a bit crispier than it should've it wasn't that bad! It was quite exciting. I was experiencing stomach pains that afternoon though so I couldn't enjoy it as much as I would've liked to. I was in pain for the whole evening and I couldn't figure out what was going on. Lorena gave me some Pepto Bismo-type stuff and that helped it a bit but it was still there until about 1 a.m. when we went to bed. By the next morning it was gone.

Friday, July 12, 2005:

Ray got an off-site activity this afternoon. He got a WOW card so we went to GA together. We didn't get there 'til 2ish due to the missing sunblock, which was extremely crucial since we were gonna go to Boomerang Bay. Over where the Yankee Clipper use to be they built a mini-waterpark. It's pretty cool considering how small it is. They have a lazy river, a wading "lake," and 5 runners. 3 of them you can go with someone and the other two is alone where you lie down and go down the tube. It wasn't too bad although I did hit my hip on the side on the way down and pulled back my nail as I was struggling to get up causing it to bleed under the nail. Yeah, sounds bad but not really. It still hurts if I put pressure on it. We had a lot of fun at Boomerang Bay although I had to get over my swimsuit insecurities real fast! We then walked around a bit and went on Psycho Mouse and the Swings.

Our GA adventures ended at 6:15 when we headed over to Penang Village to meet up with some of his ex-coworkers for dinner. Two of them, Donny & Katrina, are moving back to the Philippines so they went up to Canada for a bit and just got back to pack up and leave so we had a dinner for them. They're a cool bunch to hang out with so like always I had fun.

Saturday, July 13, 2005:

Slept in, which wasn't the best thing to do since I got a headache from that! Johnny and his roomies were having a party later that night so we came over early to help out. Of course Johnny wouldn't let me touch a thing so we ended up playing ping pong, going on the internet, and playing on the PS2. A friend of Johnny's showed up around 8 and I was put in the position of whether or not to be civil to this person or to just ignore them due to recent events that had occurred. Unfortunately we were in an awkward position since it was just the four of us in the room. My solution was to keep conversation to a minimal although I made it a point not to give this person a hello hug like I usually do.

The party was a bit slow for a while with only Johnny's roommates' friends there so far. Mary finally came at around 9 so that helped a bit. Shirley strolled in about 11ish I believe. I'm not sure since by that point I was totally buzzing! I think I was talking way too loud, but oh well! Ray and I ended the night around 12:45 since I was coming down from my buzz and experiencing a tiredness I usually feel after buzzing.

Sunday, July 14, 2005:

Went to Valley Fair with my sister. I got 5 foaming wash soap at Bath and Body Works for $15 total. Nice! Ray and I went to the SJ Jazz Festival around 1:30. We first stopped by his cousin, Eric's, place to pick up his PS2. We hung out by the mainstage for about 2 hours eating our ribs and listening to the music. We then went over to the Salsa stage for a bit. That was pretty cool. There were a bunch of people salsa dancing in the McWhorter's parking garage. We left the festival around 5:45.

3 Comments:

At 7:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, the funnel cake kit was sooooooooo worth my $3.99 + tax. glad you can enjoy it too.

love,
NON comment whore

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home