Monday, August 01, 2005

3 weeks of summer vacation left!

I hope everyone enjoyed reading about our European adventures. I know it's a long read but I didn't want to leave anything out. Last week was spent putting together our web album, blogging about our trip, and preparing for the annual luau.

The luau was a total success. Aside from a couple drunks and some party fouls things went pretty well. We did our usual decoration of a water scene and palm trees but this time we used the leftover brown paper as raffia and had it draping over the area that connects the living room and the kitchen. Sonya and Jeremy were also super great to set up huge black lights and this laser show. Johnny wowed us with his new music mixer on his computer and a projecter he borrowed for us, which we played "Blue Crush" on the wall with the palm trees framing each side of it. The party began at 8:30 but it started bumpin' at 11. A lot of people brought friends so it got really crowded. We had sangria, jello shots, and weird enough my sister bartending. I had a few drinks so I was feeling pretty toasty. That was a signal for me to stop since I hate being toasted to the point that I'm not able to consciously have fun when it's my party. Ray, on the other hand, got drunk off his ass. I don't think I like him drunk and we talked about it. He behaved in a way that I didn't appreciate so we talked about and hopefully I won't have to go through that again!

I spent the last hour of the party taking care of Ray (one of the side effects of drinking too much!) The party ended about 2 a.m. Everyone had a great time. We did experience a bit of Sex in the City when my friend, Hugh, discovered that someone accidentally took his shoes! Apparently Rick's friend had the exact same shoes as Hugh. The only difference is that Hugh's feet are bigger so Rick's friend, who was drunk, obviously didn't not notice the difference. But when Hugh tried to squeeze his feet into the other shoes he definitely noticed a difference! I felt soooo bad! Luckily we figured out who did it and Hugh, being the good-natured guy that he is, went home barefooted and is waiting for my call once I get ahold of his shoes!

Sunday was spent recovering from the night before. My sister and I went birthday shopping for our dad and I hung out for a while. Went over to Ray's and napped for about 2 hours, we had dinner at Taco Bell, rented "Team America," and called it a night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home