Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Stupid boys.....

An old friend emailed me because I sent him the links to my Europe pictures so I assume he was wanting to connect again, which we did a year ago and lost contact again. Anyways, in his email he says,

"btw, did you gain some weight since college???

I'm so mean!!!!

sorry,


Am I being weird and crazy or is that totally insensitive?!?!? I'm sorry, but you DON'T say that to ANY female! It doesn't matter how much self-confidence they may have, that kind of comment will cut like a knife! Ever since I read that email (last night) it has been on my mind. It's already bad enough that I feel self-conscious about my weight and my mom doesn't let me forget it, but now I have to hear this from a friend?!?!?!


ADVICE FOR MEN: NEVER COMMENT ON A WOMAN'S WEIGHT UNLESS IT'S TO SAY, "HAVE YOU LOST WEIGHT?" OR ANYTHING ALONG THOSE LINES!!!!

2 Comments:

At 2:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should have said: "yes, and all in the right places, because my bf doesn't complain." "So how's your gf? Oh, that's right... you don't have one!" (assuming he doesn't have one...)

-Yunmi :)

 
At 3:26 PM , Blogger dragonchica said...

Eh, he has a wife! So I emailed back and said, "Do you talk to your wife like that??? How in the world did you get a wife with a mouth like that!!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home