Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The cure for the smell

So our garbage can has been stinky for a while. It's not because we always have stinky stuff being thrown in there. I was starting to believe that the smell was premeating into the plastic and taking up residence. I can picture these green and brown balls of beings with eyes and hands doing the Roger Rabbit dance on the sides of our can.

We've cleaned it out and bleached it. And everytime I reline the can I spray the inside of the can and the lid with Lysol as well as the inside of the garbage bag. None of that seems to help. Sometimes I get the funk with a mix of Lysol. Blech! So I decided I just need to get one of those stainless steel trash cans. My theory was if it's stainless steel than the stink will slide right off. So we went to Macy's, they didn't sell trash cans. We went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and found the stainless steel cans. Surprise, surprise, the outside looks metallic but the inside is plastic! Argh! We're checking out the different styles, sizes, and prices. Oh good golly miss molly was it pricey for a trash can! Ray convinced me to give our old can another chance. He had read somewhere to put a dryer sheet at the bottom so we tried it out and.......................................................................




3 days later and it still smells goooood! Yay for Ray!

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah yes, ray, the wizard of troz.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home