Sunday, July 30, 2006

Hiking with a Purpose, Part II

So today was the second time Ray and I did Bay Area Orienteering. If you don't know what that is check out their site at www.baoc.org This time we took along Hercules, Shirley, Mary, and Tiffany. It was at Bayfront Park in Menlo Park. We decided to do the advanced beginner's run. The park had very little trees and a lot of dried grass so it hurt a little running through the grass since it would get caught in my shoes and prick my skin and w/o trees around me like at GG Park it was a lot hotter. It was fun though watching the others get excited over this as much as Ray and I were on our first time. I was the one with Herc so I went a slower pace and I gave him frequent water breaks so there were times when I can see Mary and Shirley way across the other way running like mad. It was so funny! We did the course in under an hour. The first checkpoint took us forever because we were totally off, but it was still a lot of fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home