Sunday, March 05, 2006

Last week I went to my monthly stamping workshop and a Partylite party. It was my first Partylite party and even though the candles and accessories are nice they're way too expensive for my taste! It's like shopping on Pampered Chef. The products are cool and the quality seem to be better than other places but it's still frickin' expensive! I did buy a candle and holder but I don't think I would buy from Partylite again. I'm content with my Walgreens brands and an occasional Illuminations splurge!

On Saturday Ray and I ran a bunch of errands. He rented a suit for Rob & Cindy's wedding, I bought snow pants and boots, and went to Beverly Fabrics and Target to buy items for our centerpieces. Thanks to Lorraine we were able to cash in on major discounts on fake grapes and Target had these really cute bowls.

We then headed to my parents to pick up my sister. We had tickets to Cirque du Soleil's Corteo. My sister and I go Cirque every time they're in town. It was ok. I felt like it was a little too "Ringley Bros" circus-like acts. I can tell they were trying to make it cirque-style and the theme of the show was sorta the circus style, but the reason I like Cirque is because it's not your ordinary circus. I like how they strive to be unique so watching trapeze and tight rope acts were ok.
We had taken the light rail so we took it back to the car. We decided to be naughty and not buy another ticket and just risk it. Unfortunately, when we were only 2-3 stops away from ours I saw a sheriff or something official looking hop on so we got off the train. So we had to wait 10 more min. for the next one and it wasn't nice and sunny outside! It was an interesting little adventure.

Today we did some more centerpiece shopping. Lorraine gave us some good advice and things are really starting to form. I'm a bit stressed by all the little details such as where to put ppl that arrive at the reception too early or like who's going to set up the centerpieces. I enjoying planning but this is the mother of all planning for me and it's getting a bit crazy!

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

with a nice place like decathlon club, they will worry about what to do with guests that arrive early and they will set up the centerpieces (or your florist will) There are people that get paid to do all that stuff!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home