Saturday, March 11, 2006

Dress shopping

On Tuesday Jen and I went to Panache Bridal in Los Altos to check out their trunk show. I saw this really nice dress. I made another appt. to bring my mom to see it this Sat. I also met with an independent designer to talk about this one dress I saw on her website that I really liked. We did some sketches and made a few changes to the neckline, etc. The next day she sent me a final sketch with a quote. It was around how much I thought it would be.


So I took my mom to Panache today and she checked out the dresses I tried on. She liked one and was ok with the other two. (She was ok with the one I liked. Argh.) She then explained to the salesperson that she wanted me to have a dropped waist to make me like skinnier (go figure.) So the salesperson picked out a dress I hadn't tried on. I put it on and I really liked the beading and crystals on the bodice. I totally loved the design on the train. When I looked at myself in the outside mirror I was amazed. It looked really good! My mom loved it too. With the trunk show discount the dress was slightly cheaper than the dragon dress. My mom made a good point when she said that it's too risky to pay for a dress that I won't see until my first fitting. So, they took measurements and we put in a deposit. I'm so excited! The dress is really pretty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home