Monday, March 14, 2005

An exhausting weekend

Sunday, March 13th: Picked up my sister at 10:20 a.m. to go eat breakfast. Wanted to take her to Stack's but when we got there it would've easily been an hour wait. Tried Elephant's Bar nearby but they didn't open 'til 11, tried Carrow's nearby and it was a 15 min. wait. We then headed back to SJ (Stack's in Campbell) and I was feeling bad because it seemed like the only places we now had time for was fast-food and I basically promised her a sit-down breakfast. I don't know if it was just her sleepiness or something but it sounded like she was disappointed too. I tried to make it easier on her and gave her fast food choices and she suggested Denny's. Although Denny's isn't fast food I knew they had an eating counter so I immediately agreed and we went there. We were seated at the counter at 11:00 and were outta there at 11:40. By the time we were seated and I started telling her stories that I read off this website she was in a good mood so I felt better. Dropped her off at 11:45 a.m.
Went back to Ray's and we took his motorcycle to go to the Oakland Zoo. I thought I'd never been there, but after walking around a bit I remembered I did go there with Viet's class when I student taught in his 2nd grade class in Oakland. Really enjoyed the afternoon there. Saw bison, giraffes, elephants, meerkats (our favs), chimps, etc. It felt like we were hiking for all the hills they had! I tripped on this dirt path that had these deep grooves. Luckily I didn't twist my ankle but it did hurt for a while. Afterwards we went into SF to eat at Ponzu in the Serrano Hotel. Had a gift card from Xmas so we figured we'd make use of it. Very fancy-smancy restaurant. Very pricey asian fusion. I had the tamarind-glazed duck breast ($21) with a Lucky Monkey drink ($9) and Ray had the curry beef short ribs ($23) and a Shangri-La drink.($9) We shared plates. It was pretty good, but not worth the price! Headed back home around 6:45 p.m. Had to sorta pee but thought I'd be ok. NOPE! All the vibrations and bumps we kept hitting made it worse. Luckily Ray had to pull over to turn on his gas reserves so I was able to tell him I REALLLY had to go. Luckily he had to get gas anyways so we took the next exit. What a relief! Got home around 8, finished watching Bowfinger, and we were knocked out by 9:30! I was so tired, my legs and bottom was sore from all the walking and sitting on the bike for so long. I had fun though.

Monday: Had my first day of training in the Houghton Mifflin Language Arts curriculum. It was alright. I hate just sitting in one place for a long time though. I'd rather be teaching! I miss my kids! And we have 4 more days of this. Training was in Fairfield, which sucked ass. Had to meet the K team at Washington at 6:45 a.m. to drive all the way up there in time (starts at 8) Was soooo tired. Had a so-so mushroom cheeseburger for lunch. Reflected on really needing to eat a lot healthier. Gonna go with Handsome to see 24 at Jon and Lorraine's tonight.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like friendster blog either

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home