Wednesday, March 09, 2005

My God, it's only Wednesday?!?!

So here we go........

Monday (3/07/05)
Eh, nothing too eventful. The usual job of making a difference in a child's life and went to Jon and Lorraine's (Ray's cousins) house to watch 24. Go Kiefer! I do have to say that 24 is a really good show. If you like Alias, which I do, than you'll like 24! If you're not familiar with the 24 storyline than please read. 24 focuses on the CTU unit which deals with terrorism and stuff. Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) is the main character. Every season he's faced with a new challenge (along with mini-challenges connected to the main one) that takes exactly 24 hours. So, every episode chronicles one hour. They have this clock that's periodically displayed on the screen to increase the suspense. I had always wondered how much could possibly happen in one hour and now I realize A LOT could happen! Every episode is jam-packed with crazy happening's! So yeah, I recommend you don't watch it now since we're already halfway in the season. I recommend either renting an old season or waiting 'til next season. This was my first season and I didn't have too hard of a time understanding things that go on. Because it's a new threat every season there aren't too many tie-in's from old seasons so you don't get too lost.

Tuesday (3/8/05)
Field trip Day: Today was the Kindergartener's second field trip this school year. We went to the Children's Discovery Museum in San Jose. You may be asking yourself, "Don't you teach in San Leandro? Isn't that an hour away?" Oh yes it is! I had fears of the bus ride with 56 kindergarteners but it turned about to be pleasantly painless. The kids behaved really well considering they had to sit there for an hour. The only things that happened were occasional heads popping up, kids trading spots on the same seat, or trying to spin around in their seat, but those were rare occurrences and were localized with certain students.
We spent an hour and 15 min. in the museum. The kids had so much fun there. There were a couple times that a chaperone lost a kid (mainly Celia and Matthew, those little knuckleheads). Near the end of the day, before lunch, Gabriela tripped and opened an old wound. I had to carry her to first aid and they treated her. Johnny stopped by earlier that morning to bring me batteries for my camera (they were the wrong kind!) and then at lunch to hang out. We got back at 1:10 p.m. I was so exhausted but unfortunately we still had Power Readers from 1:50-2:50. I was ready to die by that time but I just forced myself to focus on the class and got through it feeling ok. I even went home and worked out with Jen and Lucille for 1 1/2 hour. It was a nice day so we decided to walk to the gym, which takes about 30 min., do 20 min. of weights, and then walk back. My legs were soooo sore afterwards, but that's a good thing, right?
My sweetie came over at 8 and we went and bought burger patties, etc. to make burgers at home. We forgot to buy buns so we Atkins it. Becoming really concerned about a close friend of mine's who's going through a rough time in her life. She's dealing with these issues in a very unhealthy alternative, which I strongly do not agree with. I keep trying to encourage her to join me in more healthier ways to relieve the stress but she refuses and it worries me. I've noticed that she resorted to this alternative the last time she had a major stress and I don't like it one bit. It also upsets me that our other friend contributes to this habit after I've spoken to him about it the last time. No matter what I say or do it ultimately comes down to what she decides but that doesn't mean I'll support it. My other friend, in the past, had agreed that it's not a good way to deal with it either but gives into her, making him somewhat of a hypocrite. I'm not sure what I can do or even if I should do anything. She seems set on this choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home