Sunday, February 25, 2007

Silence of the Clams

Saturday was spent in Santa Cruz with some of my favorite people as well as a new addition. It was Clam Chowder Cook-off time!! For $7 we received a reasonably-sized cup, napkin, spoon, "People's Choice" voting ticket, and 5 tasting tickets. There were so many to choose from so we had to narrow it down to certain criterias.



1. How it smelled as we passed by.

2. Any special ingredients (bacon, corn, etc)

3. The thickness of the soup.



I have to say that 4 out of 5 of my tasting choices were pretty good. Ray went to different booths so I got to taste more than 5! Afterwards we went to Capitola to this bakery called Gayle's. I had an amaretto latte and a chocolate caramel parfait. Yum! A couple friends stayed at our house and had dinner. It was a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home