Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The hazards of teaching......

Day 1:
Student won't let aunt leave. Student is screaming bloody Mary and clutching onto her for dear life. Several attempts were made for aunt to leave but student just bolts out of the classroom and holds onto aunt.

Day 2:
Student has a repeated episode. This time, instead of letting it escalate like it did the other day I just have the morning teacher take him to the principal's office. I have the responsibility of 19 other kids. I can't cater to one child who has serious attachment issues.

Day 3:
Aunt tries to sneak out of the classroom right away. Student freaks out when he doesn't see her and bolts out the door. I watch in horror as he runs out of the kinder yard towards the street. Thank God the morning teacher was on the sidewalk and saw him. He was brought back and I had to literally pull his arms off his aunt and physically held him as his aunt left. As I'm half-sitting on the floor with my arms around this student all I can think about is, "Man, his tiny legs are really close to my vulnerable spot!"




Ahhhh....Kindergarten........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home