Sunday, August 31, 2008

In my quest to try out different photobooks.....

.....my quest has been stopped short. About a month ago I decided to put together photobooks of our worldly travels. I wanted our future children to look through these books (as I did as a youngin') and marvel and what their parents have seen and done. I want to inspire them to travel as well. So I started out at Shutterfly the site that we did our parent wedding albums. I put together our "London, Paris, and Amsterdam" trip. The pictures came out pretty good and I liked the tools they provided. From what I remembered I was able to save my work and return to it on a later date. Uploading pictures was quick and painless.

So for our Spain trip I decided to try out Snapfish. I started on this new journey very excited. I was initially turned off by the uploading process. Not only was there a limit of how many I can upload at one time but I had to sit there and wonder when it would finish. With Shutterfly it actually shows you the countdown and so far I can upload as many pictures as I please. Once I got past that initial annoyance I proceeded to put together the book. The options were decent and it wasn't too hard to navigate. I did notice that even though I could save my book there was no indication that I could log out and come back to it another day. Since I couldn't devote an afternoon to it I just closed my laptop to let it sleep until the next day.

On Day 2 I went back to work. I proudly had reached about 30 pages when I had to print something. I took my laptop upstairs to turn on the printer and print some documents. While returning to the living room I had closed my laptop for easier carrying. When I opened my laptop for some reason Snapfish was saving my book,even though I had done that prior to going upstairs. Next thing I know the site takes me to their homepage. I frantically look around for the book in my account but can't find it. I even had Ray look. I lost it! I am so mad! All that work for nothing. Nothing!

So I say "Screw you!" to Snapfish. I'm back to Shutterfly. Besides, Shutterfly just sent me a coupon for $10 off so even more reason to abandon Snapfish.

1 Comments:

At 6:50 AM , Blogger MersMom said...

That stinks about losing your work in Snapfish. I know you looked everywhere, but I just went in my Snapfish account and have had some trouble in the past. All my albums show up in MY Projects area as long as I have saved that work.

You might want to try Picaboo -- they have a lot of layouts and backgrounds. You don't upload the book until it is done, and you can save your work and come back to it.

If you want to venture out to other publishers I rate a lot of them at http://www.make-your-own-photobooks.com/photobook-publishers.html.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home