Saturday, June 21, 2008

Some people should not be allowed to own dogs!

My biggest dog gripe is ppl not cleaning up after their dog. If I can pick up my dog's shit than so can you. Otherwise get a pooper scooper or don't own a dog!

Now I have a new gripe.

This past week a nearby neighbor's dog has gotten loose 3x. Count them. 1, 2, 3 times in a week. And those are the only times we've seen this dog. The first time we came upon that dog he took a liking to our Herc. The dog had tags so we called the number. Turns out the dog lived down the street. So we returned the dog. A few days later I'm home from work and Herc is whimpering by the front door. I open the door and there's the dog again. So we walk him back to his house and clearly said to the mother of the house (I believe it's her child that owns the dog) that this was the second time we've found their dog. She thanked me profusely and that was that. This morning I wake up to Ray shouting from downstairs, "Hey, guess who came to visit?" Yup, it was the dog again and he was in our backyard! So we took the dog back to the house and no one answered. We left a vm right after and waited at our house. We waited three hours and no call back. Once again we walked to the house but no one answered. Please keep in mind that we're in the middle of a heat wave so that short walk feels sooooo much longer than it is! We called the phone number again and finally got a person. The owner (the son, like I predicted) came over and picked up his dog. We told him this was the third time and next time we're just going to call Animal Control. His response, (in a very "whatever" tone) "Uh, ok, well thanks." Yeah, thanks my ass! I hope this guy realizes we're not bluffing. I'm tired of worrying about this poor neglected dog just because his owner doesn't want to take the necessary precautions by either boarding up their fence or keeping the dog inside! It is not our responsibility!

2 Comments:

At 9:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, you have lots of complaints about life! Relax and enjoy the ride!

-Gavin

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger dragonchica said...

Wow you are real judgmental to make assumptions on me based on one entry out of the many I've done in the past month. While I relax you should get a life.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home