Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

It is our first wedding anniversary. It is AMAZING how fast the year flew by. It still feels like yesterday! Ray was so sweet. He sent a bouquet of flowers to my work. It was such a nice surprise. Since we decided to stay in for the evening I asked him what he wanted for dinner. His request was meatloaf, mac 'n cheese, and peas & carrots. He LOVES meatloaf so I wasn't too surprised. I decide to try this recipe by Billy Joel's wife. I saw her and Billy Joel on an Oprah episode and the meatloaf she made looked pretty good. So I thought I would forego the meatloaf dry mix recipe and use this recipe. Ray requested bacon slices on top so that was the only deviation from the recipe. The meatloaf was sooooo frickin' good! Made from scratch and it was so easy to make. Ray literally licked the plate!



For dessert we thawed out the top tier of our wedding cake. For those who fear the worst of year-old cake fear no more. The cake was not as moist as I remembered but the chocolate mousse was still absolutely fabulous even after a year! We had to tell ourselves that it's not appropriate to eat more than one slice! Initially I didn't give a rat's ass if we froze our cake. I wasn't planning on doing that but the caterers had packed it away for us so I was like, "What the hell." Well, now I'm glad I did it because as the very last remnants of a wonderful memory I get to once again relive that day. Yes, it's just cake but it's so much more to us.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home